BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

WiP Wednesday 02-09-11

Hello everyone :)  I'm back after a bit of a break.  We've had some time to heal from our recently family sadness, and it's definitely still a struggle to accept that he's really gone.  Acceptance will come in time.

I have been being productive since I last posted - I just haven't had much time or energy to blog. 

I finally finished my dragonfly wall hanging that I've been working on for way too long.



Because this was my first binding, I was really intimidated, but it turned out way better than I thought it would!  

I've also been working on my hexagons, and I got one full flower done a few nights ago.



 I also finished block number 8 for the LCQA.  This was a really fun and easy block.  I really like how it turned out!

I guess that's it for me today.  Make sure you link up over at Freshly Pieced and don't be afraid to leave me a comment, I enjoy hearing from everyone :)  Happy WiP Wednesday ladies and gents.

8 comments:

Becky (My Fabric Obsession) said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. Hopefully quilting can provide some comfort. You're hexagon flowers are stunning. I love the way you framed the color.

Elizabeth Dackson said...

I'm sorry to hear that you're going through a difficult time right now. Your binding on your wall hanging looks fantastic, as does your hexie flower, very nice!

Jess @ Scrappy n Happy said...

I was sad to read about your nephew. Maybe sewing can be part of the healing process.
Your hexies are gorgeous and the dragonfly wallhanging is beautiful!

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

very nice work...I love the dragon fly wall hanging

Katie Ringo said...

I love all of it! The dragonfly wallhanging looks so shiny. Your binding looks very nice.

Lee said...

Hey, your binding looks wonderful! A lot better than my first attempt, I can tell you that much. : ) And your hexies are beautiful. Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday! Have a wonderful week!

Susan said...

Annie,
You did a wonderful job on your binding for the wall-hanging. Oh, I am so sorry about your nephew. I have a 14 year old son and the potential they posses (you at 26 do too!) is enormous. I cannot imagine how his parents are taking the loss. My heart goes out to your entire family.

Becky said...

I love those hexagons, and have always had a thing for dragonflies!! Beautiful!

Post a Comment

I love comments!! Tell me what you think: really!! I need all the advice I can get :)