BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, November 29, 2010

Layer Cake Quilt Along catch up

I made it to the quilt store today!! Yay. Except I apparently didn't have a good enough plan because I had no idea what to get when I got there.  I did pick up a layer cake (see below) and a few more fat quarters for my Grandmother's Flower Garden blocks.  I did find out that Glacier Quilts carries the Hoffman screen prints I was looking for, so I'm really happy about that. They also sell one of my 'to do' patterns in a kit.  Yay!  


So I came across the Layer Cake Quilt Along last week, and I couldn't resist joining the fun!  I am a couple of weeks behind so I'm playing catch up right now.  I just finished the 1st block:



Yes, yes my appliqué is a little bit off, but I'm ok with it. It's the first appliqué I've ever done.  I am really excited about this quilt along, it's the first I've ever done, too!  

I got a "Happy" layer cake, and the fabric are so cute!!  I'm going to try to get the 2nd block done tonight so I'm all caught up with the quilt along when they post the new block tomorrow.  I put the button on the right side of my blog so if you want to join the fun, just click that button!  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!! Tell me what you think: really!! I need all the advice I can get :)