BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, January 7, 2011

Another quilt along? I'm not sure...

Disclaimer:  I may have taken an ambien about an hour ago.... and I didn't realize it had effected me quite this much, so please don't judge too harshly on any grammar or spelling errors. - or any place I seem to not be making sense :D


So here's the deal, I am having so much fun with the Layer Cake Quilt along over at Moose on the porch quilts.  Luckily it's one block every two weeks... which is a great pace for me - but I also think I have time to sneak another project into my life.

So now I have decisions to make.  I have been interested in doing the Urban Lattice Quilt Along since I came across it a month or so ago.  I have zero idea what colors I would use, but I am definitely loving the pattern, plus I love paper piecing.  But I feel like coming in this late I'd be missing out on the fun of having lots of people actively participating and somewhat in the same place in their projects.

I also am seeing all the talk about the Blogger's Block-A-Palooza which starts this month and has 2 blocks per week.  I have fabric I could use for this one (just got some great deals on fat quarter bundles) so I wouldn't really have to worry much about that part.  Although 2 blocks a week might be too much for me with my arm giving me so much trouble the last few weeks.  Plus I would have to find some solids to go with my prints, which would cost even more money.

Then there's the Don't Call Me Betsy sliced coin quilt along that Elizabeth has put together.  I don't know much about this one just yet, but anything Elizabeth does I know will be awesome.

Is anyone else having issues with this, or is it just me?  Unfortunately I'm not able to participate in all of them because I can't buy that much fabric right now.  My stash is still just a baby stash.

I just don't know - I want to do all of them darn it!!  Really I'm just venting, I know you guys can't make my decision for me... But any words of advice would be great.  I will say I will have quite a bit of time for quilting when I get home now that my sewing room has been turned back into my sewing room instead of a formal dining room for the holidays.   My boyfriend and I will hopefully be moving into our new place very soon, and he said I could have a whole room just to myself for my sewing :)  He's just the best.  Anyway, if any of this made sense, and you're still reading at this point, please leave me a comment and let me know which quilt alongs you guys are doing at least so I know where my Bleeps (Blog Peeps) will be.

5 comments:

Elizabeth Dackson said...

Come on and join in! I did the Urban Lattice, and I fully intend to do Blogger's Block-a-Palozza, but I've promised myself not to press myself to stick to their timelines. I've got a lot going on right now, but I think quilt-alongs are just so much fun, that's why I chose to host one. If you feel like you're over-committing yourself, don't do it, but if you do join the quilt-alongs, don't pressure yourself to stick to the timeline with it. Just have fun with it!

Kate said...

But you forgot about P.S. I Quilt's postage stamp quilt along! ;) I'm not doing anything I have to buy major yardage for - the postage stamp will be made from my stash plus 3 yards of purchased solids; Sliced Coin I can do from my FQ stash; I'm not going to do Blockapalooza because I don't have enough in my stash. Timing also matters - the postage stamp is quick and will be over on February 1...just in time to catch up on the Sliced Coin. :)

Susan said...

Annie,
I am choosing to do two quilt alongs at the same time (Blockapalloza & Elizabeth D's Sliced Coin Quilt) and plan on keeping up with the Sliced Coin quilt and taking my time with the Blockapalloza. Not doing the Postage Stamp as it just doesn't do anything for me.

My stash is also minute so I purchasing all of the fabrics for both quilt alongs. In fact, I need to get my butt in gear and start ordering!

And...don't forget that if you decide to pass on a quilt along, there will be another one coming along soon enough! :)

Melanie said...

I want to do the Urban Lattice quilt too, but I'm still working out the details. So, if it makes you feel any better you aren't alone! Maybe we will be working on it at the same time?

Annie said...

Thank for all your input guys!! I really do appreciate it!

Post a Comment

I love comments!! Tell me what you think: really!! I need all the advice I can get :)