BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

LC Quilt Along Block 5

I spent most of today reorganizing my sewing room (which unfortunately is our dining room at the moment) and sewing my block 5 for the Layer Cake Quilt Along.  I'll be the first to admit that I was intimidated by this block.  I spent a lot of time on my trip thinking about what colors to use.  I am satisfied with the final turn out, although I would have loved to have used a pink or orange fabric along with these colors.  Unfortunately I didn't have any layer cake squares in those colors that would work.  This layer cake had a lot of stripes in it (which I really like) but I didn't want to worry about directionality with this block.  


I enjoyed sewing this one.  I think I'll do block # 6 tonight if I don't fall asleep :) I'm even more intimidated by that block!  

1 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

I love seeing your blocks made with the same fabrics as I am using :)
Your block 5 is so much nicer...mine was way too scrappy this time!

Post a Comment

I love comments!! Tell me what you think: really!! I need all the advice I can get :)