BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Why Am I in North Dakota?!

Hello everyone!!  Happy New Year!  Well I know it's been awhile, but I was very busy with the holidays (as all of you were!) and I just couldn't find time to quilt!  Darn it!  But now it's 2011 and I am ready to expand my quilting knowledge even more this year.


First off, yes, I did decide to take a trip to North Dakota for 2 weeks, and I'm still here.  I have good reason though, my wonderful boyfriend works over here and I really wanted to spend some time with him.  Plus I got to cross off one of my goals for my 26th year.  Yay.  I have never been to ND before, so I get to cross off "travel to a state I've never been to."


I got tons of amazing quilting stuff for Christmas.  One of my favorite things I got was this:



I would recommend this book to any beginning quilter.  It has some of the best pictures and explanations of any book I've seen.  Plus the included patterns are beautiful!  I'm definitely going to put at least a few of them on my 'to do' list.

I found a quilt store in the town we are in, so I'll be visiting there soon.

I wasn't able to bring any quilting along with me to ND so I've been crocheting instead.  I'm almost finished with my first scarf.  Its not perfect, but I like it:


I just need to finish off the one end and sew in the tails. I found this pattern online here.  It includes cross stitches, which I had zero idea how to do, but after some youtube searching I found enough videos to help me figure it out.  I like the cross stitches because they add another layer of yarn to the scarf, making it extra warm :).  I had fun making this one.  I'm going to make some hats next.  


Well thats it for now!  Hope all of you have a wonderful 2011!!!

2 comments:

Terri said...

Ack, what a great book I also have that one. I personally know Elizabeth and she is quite the inspiration, and funny to. I met her through our quilting guild. I would love to learn how to crocet or knit, yours looks fantastic. I need to jump in one of these days.

Thank you for stopping by my blog :)
Terri-

JWZ1978 said...

Books, crochet and quilting, we have a ton in common and I'm so glad I can now follow your blog :)

Post a Comment

I love comments!! Tell me what you think: really!! I need all the advice I can get :)